Keto-Friendly chicken cooked in a creamy bacon mushroom sauce in under 40 minutes. Every bite of this creamy mushroom bacon chicken is out of this world and it’s only 4g Net Carbs per serving!
The creamy, cheesy sauce has the right amount of fresh mushrooms and seasonings. The tender, juicy chicken is cooked perfectly, and you get tons of incredible flavor in every bite. There is no doubt everyone will rave about how amazing it tastes.
The best part is that not only does the creamy garlic mushroom chicken taste great, it also gives a beautiful presentation. Oh, and did I mention it’s super easy to make too? It’s a win all around if you ask me.
If you do a lot of entertaining you are going to want to add this to your list of go-to recipes. This creamy mushroom chicken is magnificent enough to feed the entire family or host a dinner party. Either way, the plates will be clean, and the stomachs will be full.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE CREAMY MUSHROOM BACON CHICKEN
- Chicken Thighs: You can choose to use bone-in chicken thighs, and they can also be with or without the skin depending on your preference.
- Seasonings: A lot of the flavor comes from the seasonings! Onion powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper are all you need.
- Butter: When you add butter to the creamy chicken and mushroom recipe, you get some healthy fats.
- Garlic: Can you ever have too much garlic? The flavor of the garlic pairs beautifully with the chicken and mushrooms.
- Bacon: I usually go for turkey bacon because I like the flavor and texture it gives to the creamy chicken dish.
- White Mushrooms: The star of the show is the mushrooms. Their earthy flavor is delicious.
- Heavy Cream: If you wondered where this chicken gets, it’s impressive creaminess from it’s the heavy cream.
- Parmesan Cheese: It’s entirely up to you if you want to add the parmesan cheese to the chicken. I think it tastes terrific and enhances the flavor.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY MUSHROOM BACON CHICKEN
You will be amazed at how quickly you can make this creamy garlic mushroom chicken. You just need to start by seasoning the chicken and sear each side. At this point, you aren’t cooking it all the way, just keeping all that juicy flavor inside the chicken.
Next, you need to place the chicken in the oven and bake it. Once it’s done, remove it from the pan and prepare the creamy bacon mushroom sauce.
Once the sauce has finished cooking, and the mushrooms have softened, you are ready to add the chicken back to the skillet. Serve it hot, and your taste buds will be doing a little happy dance.
CAN I USE CHICKEN BREASTS INSTEAD OF CHICKEN THIGHS?
Technically, you can make this creamy mushroom chicken with chicken breast if you want to. I prefer using chicken thighs because they are fattier and add so much flavor. The dark meat in the chicken thighs also tends to produce a juicier and tender cut of meat.
If you do decide to go with chicken breasts, it’s completely fine! Just know that the way the creamy chicken mushroom recipe turns out is going to be slightly different. The chicken itself won’t be as moist, but the flavors will still be fabulous.
Take special care not to overcook the chicken breast and you are less likely to have a dry piece of meat. Test the temperature and when it’s 160 degrees F. you can take it out of the oven and it will finish cooking as it rests.
Creamy Mushroom Bacon Chicken (Low-carb/Keto Friendly)
For the chicken
- 5-6 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on or off)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 slices bacon, diced (preferably turkey bacon)
- 8 ounces white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and sear 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, garlic, and bacon to the same pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until bacon just begins to crisp then add the mushroom and cook until mushrooms begin to soften (2-3 minutes).
- Add the cream and parmesan, season with salt and pepper and stir until the sauce begins to simmer then return chicken to the pan. Simmer for another minute then Serve immediately.